When you sign up for our mailing list or volunteer, we will ask you to provide contact information such as your name, e-mail address , mailing address, and telephone number. In the case of donations, we will also request your payment information such as credit card number and expiration date.
We may ask you to complete user surveys, and to provide certain demographic information, such as age, gender, special interests. You do not have to provide this type of information if you do not want to.
When you visit our Web site we will capture your IP address, time of and duration of visit, and time and duration of the pages on our Web site that you view. We may tie this information to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
We may also place a cookie that will identify you to us as a repeat visitor or a customer when you visit our Web site. See “What is a Cookie?” below. We may tie this cookie to the personally identifiable information we have about you.
If we send you an e-mail, we may include a marker that will allow to identify e-mail that is opened and viewed.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We will use your personally identifiable information only as follows:
- For payment purposes and to provide customer support;
- To provide other information from time to time via e-mail. We may also send e-mail announcements regarding our third parties, but we will not provide the third parties with your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you may opt out of future e-mails at any time by following the instructions included in the e-mail.
- To improve our service and the marketing of our service. For example, we may use the information we gather from user surveys, demographic data, and web site visits to help us improve or target our Web site and customize your visit.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information about you to any other person other than:
- A law enforcement or regulatory agency at their request;
- Another nonprofit who acquires Tennessee Youth Courts as a 501(3)c;
- Third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing), subject to the third party agreeing with us that it will keep your personally identifiable information confidential;
- As otherwise needed to protect or enforce or rights or the rights of others.
We absolutely do not transfer or sell your information for inclusion on third party e-mail or other lists.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
What is a Cookie?
A “cookie” is a text file that is unique to your browser. The cookie will identify your browser to us when you visit our web site so that we may customize your visit.
Security of Your Information
We store your personally identifiable information only on computers that are protected by multiple levels of security.
Our online payments are handled by [who does this?]. For added security, we never see your payment information.
Our service is not available to children under the age of 13, and we will not intentionally maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.